Wednesday, April 10, 2013

2013 Goals for Livin' Clean(er)

As my first post I find it fitting to go over the goals I have for this year to live a healthy lifestyle. These are kinda in order, but may change as time goes by. Some will be rather simple and cheap and others will be costly and hard to do. So I am going to go with the flow and make healthier choices as I go, and applaud all my achievements as I go along, and try to cut myself a little slack if I make a not so healthy decision here and there. And if you are headed down the same journey, I recommend that you do the same.

That all being said, here are my goals.


  1. Remove any and all artificial food colorings from my families diet (especially my children's)
  2. Reduce (or eliminate) foods with high fructose corn syrup & corn syrup
  3. Reduce (or eliminate) foods with partially hydrogenated oils 
  4. Reduce (or eliminate) foods with BHA & BHT (I will explain these in a later post, but believe me, worth removing from your diet)
  5. Reduce (or eliminate) processed foods
  6. Remove any plastic products with BPA and replace them with either BPA-Free plasitcs or glass/stainless steal (preferable, but pricier)
  7. Eat more vegetable based meals
  8. Eliminate GMOs from diet
  9. Eat Organic (local if possible)
  10. Start my own garden
I am sure this list will grow as time goes on.




No comments:

Post a Comment